It’s officially Fall! What does this mean?
- We can (almost) say goodbye to the sweltering heat and say hello to cooler temps and more colorful leaves.
- Football is back in full force. Both college football and the NFL are a few weeks into their respective seasons, and that means that tailgating has made its return, as well!
- Summer storm season has come and gone, which means (for us roofers anyway) that it’s kind of like off-season for us. But hey, did we mention that football is back?
We’re all excited for the return of the pigskin; so excited, in fact, that we’re starting to treat our business like a football team. I know what you’re thinking, and no, we don’t put our employees in full pads and make them compete against each other (though that wouldn’t be a terrible idea). Instead, we conduct our business much like a football team would conduct their own off-season: training camp, film study, hard work and preparation.
Off-season for commercial roofers in Oklahoma and Texas is basically the same as off-season for the Oklahoma Sooners or the Dallas Cowboys. However, our off-season is probably more successful than any off-season Jerry Jones has had in his career. Let’s take a look at some of the things that we do to stay afloat during the commercial roofing off-season.
Any football coach will tell you that the off-season is the most crucial time of the year. Instead of relaxing, players are put through training camp to prove themselves, move up the depth chart and become better acquainted with the system.
We’re not exactly running two-a-days, but our off-season motto is the same: it’s a time when our staff works extra hard to become more knowledgeable and better acquainted with our system. We have staff in both our Oklahoma City and Amarillo locations that are constantly training and becoming more familiar with safety regulations, insurance claims, and our commercial roofing practices.
The hard, grind-it-out work definitely comes through training camp, but a lot of games are won through the dedication and game preparation that film study presents. Quarterbacks study defensive schemes and blitz packages; defenders study offensive sets, snap counts, and opposing quarterback tendencies.
Our staff is busy studying and completing certifications. Check out some of our qualifications that put us ahead of our competition:
- HAAG Certified Commercial Roof Inspector
- HAAG Certified Residential Roof Inspector
- GAF Certified Sales Training
- Certainteed Master Shingle Applicator Wizard
- Duro-last Certified Sales Training
- ER Systems Certified Sales Training
- Subrogation Certification
- Xactimate Level 3 Certified
- Xactimate 28 Certified
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety Certified
- OSHA Certified Forklift Operator
- Duro-last Certified Installer
Recruiting isn’t just an off-season process: the recruiting trail never sleeps. Football coaches and scouts are constantly trying to find players that fit their scheme and mold that will help produce wins. Wins = money, and money = happy Athletic Directors and University Presidents.
Our sales team knows this story all too well. We are constantly seeking out new businesses to work with and sharing our track record of success to put us above the rest of the competition. Our sales team is constantly trying to benefit the future of our team, and our customers, by recruiting and working with five-star businesses.
This is how you stay afloat during the off-season – hard work, training, studying and preparation. We’re always striving for something greater, because, at the end of our season, we want to hoist that trophy above our heads (metaphorically speaking, of course).